Sunday, July 4, 2010

3 updates, 3 Otters, Large Merganser Family and other stuff

Eastern King-bird progress. Teamwork.
1st picture has one adult passing bug to the other adult.
2nd shows it inserting into nearest open mouth. I guess only mother allowed to feed.
These are the Ring-necks first sighted on the Serpent River last Saturday.
I disturbed them on the shore and they headed for and entered the 2 meter culvert. They did not re-emerge.



Here are the 7 mallard young. Very nearly full grown. I expect to see them off on their own very soon.

The next series are of 3 Otters in the Cattail Marsh at Sheriff Creek sanctuary.
Only 2 visible at any one time as they were constantly on the move and as luck would have it, one or another was under water every time I shot a picture. I assume they were siblings.


And finally a record setting number of ducklings.
A common Merganser mother with 18 offspring on Quirke Lake. ( peninsula at end Panel Mine Rd.)



and the other "Stuff"


No rain locally,  but I was facing West, in Sheriff Creek at approx 7 am with the sun rising behind me, clear skies overhead and this partial rainbow was  over Elliot Lake. (the lake).

No comments: