Tuesday, August 2, 2011

3 Bears, no Goldilocks.

In the Sheriff Creek Sanctuary. I was on the dam between the marsh's outflow and the ramp to the Tamarack Bog.
The bears were in the narrow strip of relatively dry land between the dam and the Bog. Mother was here in the bushes watching me approach and sendind signals to the cubs which were both up a tree.


As I approached I was unaware the noises I was hearing were warnings to the cubs and an order to come down from the tree.

They joined her and sizing up the situation, they started moving parallel to the dam.

till they reached the ramp to the Bog.

where they stopped to study me.

Mother, checking the other side, crossed the ramp towards a wider strip of dry land. Note that  they were a bit wet from an attempt to wade the bog and avoid me.

followed by the cubs, and disappeared to safety.

No comments: